· Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Want to join the ride?
· Mechanical Technician – Athi River
· We are now looking for a Mechanical Technician to join our Contract Delivery team in Kenya.
· The Mechanical Technician responsible for mechanical maintenance of all plant equipment within planned time frames. The successful candidate will be based in Athi River, Kenya.
· What will you be doing
· Responsible for mechanical maintenance of all plant equipment within planned time frames.
· Expertise in using tools, portable machine tools, workshop tools like grinder, drilling, welding
· Ensure all plant equipment are healthy by providing quality maintenance.
· Inspect completed work to ensure that maintenance of machinery/equipment is completed
· correctly and that conforms to specifications and safety standards.
· Implement the maintenance procedures and working routines.
· Resources are used effectively and that work schedules, targets are met.
· Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools, ensure those are
· maintained according to applicable guidelines and policies, and take corrective actions when
· Assisting supervisor in problem solving and Root cause analysis for all plant equipment. Rectify
· mechanical faults under the guidance of Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
· Assist supervisor in preparing Maintenance Reports.
· Assist in Incidents reporting, analysis, investigations and action plans implementation.
· Assist in Spares/consumables/tools procurement planning.
· Suggest and implement improvements.
· Ensure plant performance targets and customer contractual obligations are achieved
· consistently in own responsibility area.
· Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wartsila and customer Quality, Health,
· Safety and Environmental guidelines.
· Responsible for effective implementation of permit to work, lockout & tag out systems in
· order to protect personnel and equipment.
· Audits compliance & action plans implementation.
· Competent in emergency preparedness and take appropriate actions when needed.
· Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness of the all plant equipment.
· Maintaining good teamwork and inter personnel relationship within and another department
· Responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary equipment in good working.
· You will shine in this role, when you have
· B.Sc / Diploma in Engineering Mechanical/ Marine or equivalent educational background.
· Several years of relevant industrial experience highly recommended, Minimum of 2years O&M experience requirement in HFO power plant and its auxiliaries.
· An Advance level of English language.
· We are seeking for an expert professional with strong problem solving and decision-making skill.
· Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
· Continuously seek for solutions keeping a customer focus mindset.
· Understanding of Wärtsilä business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
· Why you and us
· We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wartsila.com.