Toyoda Gosei Kentucky
Provides technical expertise for the department with a focus on new and existing product development, process and automation improvement activities. Keeps next level of management informed of any problems and/or issues by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead integrator for Automation in the plant. Expert level resource for automation projects utilizing robots/cobots and programming/communication between devices.
2. Develop and manage master engineering schedule for all projects. Lead, coordinate, and supervise others to achieve all plan objectives of the master schedule.
3. Actively investigate, justify and implement automation improvement projects
4. Write equipment/tooling specifications, coordinate and oversee or perform the design, construction, installation, start-up and trials of new equipment/tooling against the master schedule.
5. Create all documentation required for capital investment & obtain approval from upper management.
6. Implement automation improvement processes that meet all KPI targets for capital investment, part cost, scrap, part performance, delivery, layout, cycle time, efficiency, safety, ergonomic, and quality deliverables.
7. Develop all documentation for the process including but not limited to specifications, PFMEA’s, risk analysis, process plans, PFD’s, work combination tables, design reviews, trial reports, work instructions, condition standards, and capacity tracking.
8. Lead and support Kaizen activities after process is in production.
9. Proactively work to produce processes that are not capable of flowing out defects to the next process while working to countermeasure those that do and yokoten to similar processes
10. Problem solving and investigating problems utilizing root cause analysis and reporting
11. Perform all tasks in accordance with OSHA, EPA, and TGKY procedures and best practices.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extensive equipment designing, building, and integration experience
Expert programming and troubleshooting ability with PLC, HMI, Robotics, electronic control circuits.
Ability to write complex PLC programs from scratch and design/build the control circuits for them.
Thorough understanding of networking protocols including Ethernet, cc-link, serial comm. and addressing
Writing programs and teaching IAI’s and 6 axis robots
Fanuc and/or Universal Robot certified for cobot installing is strongly preferred.
3D Solid modeling and design experience
Experience in writing macros and IP addressing
Ability to communicate and direct requirements effectively with customers and suppliers
Demonstrated Project Management and leadership skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and creating technical presentations/documents.
Ability to read drawings, identify critical characteristics, lead design reviews, and develop PFMEA’s
Capability to lead and conduct root cause analysis for current problems and potential occurrences
Knowledge of Toyota Production System and lean manufacturing concepts
Strong work ethic, take ownership/responsibility for projects, and maintain high level of productivity
High aptitude to pick up on engineering principles and new technology
Knowledge of TS and ISO requirements
Excellent attendance and punctuality
Experience working in a cross-cultural work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Clear, concise written and verbal skills and problem solving skills required. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of team members.
Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, and Project experience
Skilled in using AutoCAD, Solid Works, or other 3D solid modeling software
Principles of calculus, trigonometry, and other advanced topics in math for analysis, design, and troubleshooting are necessary. Ability to perform high level mathematical calculations and to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, equipment or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED WORK HOURS
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Overtime throughout the week and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TG Kentucky, LLC (TGKY) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law
Salary Range: $63,000 + (Salary will be based on Education and or Experience related to the job)
To apply for this job please visit tgkentucky.hrmdirect.com.