· Who are we and what do we stand for?
· When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company that is passionate about its people. Our people vision says Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. We are proud to promote purpose, diversity, inclusion, learning and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
· Your Mission
· Schneider Electric Africa seeks a Field Service Representative who will be accountable for installing, inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing customer cooling equipment.
· The incumbent will maintain, retrofit, and provide technical support for all DX cooling systems, chilled water systems, precision cooling units and other air-conditioning systems including Electrical, electronic, and mechanical components.
· Your Role – Magic happens when you bring great people together!
· Installation, troubleshooting & repair of DX cooling systems, chilled water systems, precision cooling systems and other air-conditioning systems supplied by Schneider Electric including electrical, electronic, and mechanical components.
· Diagnose electronic, electro-mechanical, electrical, and mechanical malfunctions.
· Attend to complex emergency repair works.
· Read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, schematics, diagrams, sketches, and specifications.
· Learn characteristics of new systems, new product launch equipment of the precision cooling and air conditioning trade and update skills to adapt to changing technology.
· Keep accurate records.
· Installs HVAC and air conditioning systems, equipment, and controls on new construction, alteration, improvement, and rehabilitation projects.
· Calibrates and adjusts thermostats, valves, and controls to specified levels of operation.
· Reviews plans, blueprints, and specifications for chilled water systems and air conditioning projects to understand the scope of projects and to recommend potential changes to the supervisor.
· Answers trouble calls for emergency repairs to DX cooling systems, chillers, precision cooling units and air conditioning equipment.
· Maintains air conditioning hand and power tools and equipment’s to ensure their safe and efficient operation
· Assist in preparing material lists, estimating job costs, preparing job records, and maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools for assigned areas/projects.
· Assist in planning and developing modifications to existing heating and air conditioning systems.
· May assign, review the work of and provide training to personnel assigned to the unit in air conditioning works.
· Effectively use test equipment Duties include performing skilled work in several of the mechanical or building trades which may include work in the mechanical, and electrical, trades
· Repairs and maintains testing equipment and instruments.
· Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures Perform other duties as assigned.
· About You
· Degree / Diploma / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
· At least has 3-5 years’ experience in Technical Field Services role with experience in maintenance of DX cooling systems, chilled water systems, precision cooling units and other air-conditioning systems.
· Relevant experience with critical cooling systems infrastructure is a must-have e.g. precision A/C, chilled watery systems, direct expansion, precision AC, cooling towers, air handlers etc.
· Ability to locate and identify malfunctions or defections in equipment or apparatus and to make repairs.
· Ability to plan and supervise the work and instruct subordinate technicians and subordinates.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and other maintenance personnel.
· Possess a valid driver’s license.
· Know-how and ability to apply safety policies, practices, and procedures in work execution
· Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required.
· High-level technical knowledge of HVAC / Air-condition systems and applicable application software’s is preferred.
· Schneider Electric believes in rewarding and recognizing employees who contribute to the success of the Company. Our rewards programs are designed for employees who are aligned to our strategy, engaged, and successfully contributing to the organizational goals. These philosophies, as well as our desire to care for you and your family, form the basis of our Total Rewards offer
To apply for this job please visit careers.se.com.