About this Role
The Mechanic / Fitter is responsible to carry out machinery maintenance and repairs, including mechanical overhaul and repair work on marine engines, pumps, hydraulic, pneumatic equipment and valves, and repairing plumbing system equipment. A job that will take you all over the ship, responding to issues and daily bringing solutions to a diverse range of mechanical issues.
What You Will Contribute
• As well as all the above, you will operate hand tools associated with marine engines
• Service and fit various machinery components
For This Role, You Will Need
• Relevant qualifications and skills in trade, heavy engineering sector
• Previous experience in mechanical servicing/fitting of plant or machinery on a ship
• Has successfully completed Basic Safety Training in accordance with STCW A-VI/1-1 to 1-4 (training may be provided)
• Ability to effectively understand and communicate in clear English
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.mercyships.org.