· Who is LendTech?
· LendTech provides B2B digital lending solutions for emerging markets in partnership with mobile and digital wallet operators and financial service providers. LendTech supports 24 operations in 23 countries, across Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Our headquarters are in Nairobi, but we also have a global, diverse team in over 6 countries.
· Our flagship products are Advance Credit Service (ACS) and Nano: ACS is an airtime or data advance offered to prepaid mobile subscribers at the point of low credit. Nano is a micro cash advance offered to mobile wallet users on demand.
· Why is Technology important at LendTech?
· As a FinTech company, our business is entirely technology and data driven, from determining subscriber eligibility, generating relevant offers, managing risk, loan issuance, recovery, optimising performance and reporting, reconciliation and billing. Each day we process approximately 21M loan requests and 1.4 TB of data across our markets. This process needs to be robust, reliable and secure.
· But it doesn’t end there. We’re exploring new ways of using our platform and transactional data to improve our products and develop new product opportunities.
· The Infrastructure team
· The Service Management team at LendTech provides 24x7x365 monitoring and incident management. They monitor all external and internal infrastructure, software deployments and critical business systems.
· They ensure our incident management is fully compliant to contractual service level agreements (SLA).
· About the Role
· Reporting to the Manager – Service Management Centre, this role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position is required to be hands-on, while equipped with the necessary technical expertise and architectural skills, as well as a goal for achieving excellence.
· Personality of a LendTech Engineer
· You will be:
· Passionate about automation, customer service and satisfaction
· Proud of your work but always believing the best is yet to come
· Able to take criticism positively and to learn from mistakes
· Able to self critique and analyse and be motivated to constantly improve and develop both professionally and personally
· High attention to detail
· See process, procedure and documentation as tools to support excellence
· Customer focused and understands the business we are operating in.
· Job Purpose
· The role serves as the first point of contact for all customers (internal and external) and also involves providing enterprise level support, troubleshooting tasks and proper monitoring of the systems performance in accordance with the established standard procedures.
· Key Role Responsibilities
· First Line Support for All Systems:
· Provide 24-7 technical support on shift or on-call basis.
· Be the first point of contact for customers for all issues.
· Monitor daily performance of the systems.
· Ability to identify changes in trends quickly to ensure business continuity
· Ensure all issues/incidents and problems are properly logged.
· Oversee and manage the incident postmortem and implement or follow up on the agreed action plan.
· Incident Management
· Identify, validate and resolve issues/incidents.
· Track incidents through to resolution, within the SLA time limits.
· Properly escalate unresolved issues/incidents to appropriate teams according to the escalation matrix.
· Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers and internal teams and document within the ticket system.
· Technical Support:
· Research and identify solutions to problems and recurring issues.
· Analyze the system performance in order to discover any underlying issues or trends.
· Change Management:
· Chair the internal change advisory board to ensure correct process adherence and minimize service impact.
· Documentation & Knowledge Management
· Prepare accurate and timely reports as needed for the above core responsibilities.
· Document technical knowledge in the knowledge database.
· Essential Experience
· Ability to learn and work on changing and emerging technologies.
· Good communication skills.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
· Good report writing skills.
· 3+ year of experience in a customer service environment
· Strong hardware and software knowledge,
· Familiar with the following:
· Workstations and rack mount server hardware.
· BIOS and RAID Configurations.
· Windows operating systems
· Linux operating systems including, BSD; Red Hat; Fedora; SUSE; Centos; Ubuntu and Debian
· Excellent knowledge of all customer support areas including scheduling staff for handling calls / tickets and developing policies and procedures for improvement of customer services activities.
· Requires good attention to detail and documentation to resolve every issue and/or escalate when necessary.
To apply for this job please visit dtone.bamboohr.com.