KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We build and deploy cloud-connected “KOKO Points” inside local retail outlets, which provide mass market consumer goods in partnership with major suppliers. Our first solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which offers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the operator of Shell-branded fuel infrastructure across Africa. KOKO offers a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact.
As Field Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for field maintenance of KOKO Point units and other network hardware across Mombasa neighborhoods by minimizing equipment breakdown through effective implementation of laid out predictive and productive maintenance systems. This role is critical in delivering KOKO’s promise of maximum network to serve our customers.
What You Will Do
· Troubleshoot system and hardware errors and resolve technical problems using a structured approach with a view to resolving incidents in a timely manner and prevent recurrence
· Document and own activities by completing forms, reports, logs, and records using provided tools. Ensure good work management of provided work orders, instructions and schedules to meet daily targets and maintain high quality outputs
· Continuously identify needs for improvement by conveying it to line manager and/or engineering team to maintain high quality work standards
· Maintain assigned tools and equipment in good operating condition by following operating instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, maintaining supply levels and performing regular maintenance
· Respond to operational tickets escalated to the department and ensure closure per SLAs and OLAs
· Collaborate with engineering and other interfacing departments and share information across on test results and make adjustments where required through provided communication channels and tools
· Maintain customer satisfaction through professional conduct and engagements
· Ensure adherence to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management System requirements
What You Will Bring to KOKO
· A Diploma/Higher Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or a related discipline.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in field operations or a similar technical capacity.
· Ability to test, troubleshoot, service, and repair equipment
· Working knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance processes, methods and installation techniques
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
· A team player able to work effectively with others and independently with minimal supervision.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.