Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit, clearly focused on them.
Tax & Legal
The Deloitte East Africa’s Tax & Legal team is a multi-disciplinary practice of professionals specializing in various tax & business service offerings. We offer a broad range of fully integrated tax, tailored signature solutions and insights designed to meet business needs. In line with the Tax & Legal global common storefront, our services add value to clients via three broad “impact areas”, that is, function strategy, technology & process, outsourced & managed services and advisory.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
Main purpose of the job
Deloitte Kenya currently has an exciting opportunity for dynamic individuals to join our Audit and Tax & Legal teams as entry level Associates under our Graduate Training Program.
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key Performance Areas
- Learning and applying Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
- Ensuring assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Ensuring availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
- Keeping abreast with technical developments in the profession and the country, in order to anticipate client needs, and offer value added and practical business solutions;
- Raising issues with manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of data and delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Developing productive working relationships with client staff;
- Managing information security risk in area of client engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies; and
- Maintaining own development and knowledge in specialised area.
- A Bachelors Degree from a local or international university in any discipline with a minimum of Second Upper Division or equivalent.
- Graduated in the preceding two years (2020/2021) or expecting to have completed undergraduate studies by April 2022 with proof of completion.
- Minimum Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) overall grade of B+, with a B+ in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Qualification or pursuing qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is desired but not a requirement.
- Be a Kenyan citizen or have authority to work in Kenya.
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.