About the job
*** If Based in South Africa be willing to relocate to East Africa***
To manage and maintain the smooth running of the hard services team on site in alignment to the service level agreements. This position will be responsible for implementing the most effective maintenance strategy in order to preserve asset life while utilising labour in the most effective manner. Will be required to maintain a high level of communication with the customers and prepare reports detailing the work progress and circumstances when incidents occur. To stand in for the General Manager and attend client meetings. Liaison with the client, supplier partners and ref site visitors. Ensure that the sites are run as per agreed SLA’s.
• Manage and be accountable for technical support for the site.
• Responsible for the availability of all prime utilities to the customer.
• Ensure call out Ratio and cover is maintained at all times.
• Ensure that the teams are displaying the correct image and behaviors required by the company to deliver a high-quality engineering service to the client.
• Ensure that the team is given the knowledge and support to work well within the team and all visiting contractors are effectively managed and that the client is achieving value for money from those suppliers.
• Seek out all small project opportunities
• Ensure statutory inspections are planned and executed within agreed time scales.
• Ensure CMMS activities are carried out within the agreed time scales and all relevant assets are identified with job plans etc.
• Ensure that breakdowns are managed effectively, provide technical support when required and be responsible for communicating with the customer when services or environmental conditions could be compromised.
• Responsible for ensuring that all system data is maintained to high standards, this includes keeping the asset database up to date when plant equipment is replaced and ensuring that engineering maintenance activities are recorded properly, this includes the accuracy of all kept documentation.
• Work closely with the General Manager and Soft Services Lead to ensure all staff is fully communicated with and that day-to-day HR management complies with CBRE Excellerate processes.
• Complete annual appraisals and identify training needs where required to develop staff and maintain compliance to statutory legislation.
• Ensure visiting contractors have Permits to work, observation reports are done, check equipment used and systems of work used on site. Produce reports and updates for activities related to this work if appropriate.
• Provide feedback regarding contractor performance.
• Responsible for compliance to site Health and Safety procedures which may be a combination of both the Client and CBRE Excellerate Kenya.
• Ensure monthly toolbox talks are carried out.
• Work closely with the Technical Support Team.
• Review and approve risk assessments and method statements prior to work commencement
• Ensure total compliance within Kenyan Legislation and OHS.
• Carry out and document inspections of site and work equipment.
• Working in partnership with the General Manager to ensure full integrity of teams to ensure that supervisory cover is available within the teams and the client in order to plan work within site areas. • Working with the Leading Heads, ensure that critical plant spares are identified and maintained.
• The post holder will follow safe systems of work, taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others. Eliminating or reducing where practicable by complying with site safety rules and instructions and reporting hazards to management for prompt action. Timely feedback on work/contractor status to helpdesk.
• Track expenses against forecast / budget with on-site finance.
• Responsible for input on all hard services during the budgeting period.
• Responsible for input on all hard serviced during the forecasting periods.
• Ensure variance reporting is sufficiently and timely given in terms of tracking actuals against forecast and budget.
• Identify and inform on potential expense exposure.
• Identify and implement potential savings.
• Comply with procurement standards.
• Effective inventory control.
• Upkeep of energy monitoring system.
• Update SLA’s as and when required.
• Close out of Audit findings tracked till close out.
• Such other duties as required by the operational needs of the site.
• Responsible for Technical/Hard Services team.
• Ensure the Client, General Manager, Team and customers are kept fully informed at all times.
• Full accountability for technical delivery against the Client SLA.
Extensive Technical knowledge.
• Electrical trade tested.
• Project management.
• Government Certification advantage.
• Building Services Knowledge especially the maintenance of building service systems within a large organization.
• Mechanical and Plumbing Knowledge.
• Facilities Management understanding.
• Health and Safety Management Knowledge and Experience.
• Supervisory leadership experience in control of a technical team.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a trade or craftsman position.
• Understanding HVAC controls and instrumentation.
• Knowledge of Planned Maintenance in critical environments advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Analytical skills, problem solving, attention to detail, ability to delegate.
• Innovative, organization and planning skills, financial & business acumen, coordinating skills, marketing.
• FULL computer literacy.
• Customer service orientation.
• Inter-personal sensitivity and people management.
• Formulating and implementing best practice strategies and concepts.
• Planning, coordinating and delivery of technical projects.
To apply for this job please visit www.cbreexcellerate.com.